Amazon support

I don't know about you, but one of the highlights of my life is calling the support desk of whatever modern service happens to have failed. Phone, internet, insurance -- whatever the problem you can be assured that a) you will be on hold and b) your problems might be fixed within 5-10 working days.

So when I emailed Amazon the other day, my expectations were low.

My problem was deceptively simple. My book was appearing on amazon in two very different places. The kindle version looked like this.


And was relatively easy to find via a search of "The Dragon and the Crow". But I have a print version too, and that was not so easy to come across. Not only was it hard to find, but all those lovely reviews people have been writing did not appear for the print copy. 

You see, I was missing a very important little box, one that I see on nearly every other book  on amazon. I tried to find a way to add this myself, to link the versions and consolidate my book, but due to the fact that it was my publisher who actually put it on Amazon, my author tools were limited.

So I did what I thought was the last futile gesture of our modern age. I emailed the support desk.

And within 12 hours, this is what my book looked like on Amazon.


Notice the all important inclusion of the format linking box? This is important. Now the reviews and ratings are all linked together, and searching for one version directs you to both.

So the point of all this is to not be afraid to ask for help, even if it is from a huge multinational company. 

T.B.


Comments

Popular Posts